My mind wandered this morning to some random things my mom said.
- If you can't say something nice about a person, don't say anything at all.
- We all need a good cry from time to time. It's good for you.
- Did you know there was a little girl who had to have her stomach operated on, and they found a big wad of chewing gum in her stomach? Don't swallow your gum.
- Sometimes you just have to scream. It's good for you.
- Wait an hour after you eat before you swim, or you'll get a stomach ache and drown.
- No matter what your kids do or say, you always love them -- they're your kids.
- Don't sit in the passing lane of traffic -- move up and move over so others can pass.
- Make sure everything is prepared ahead of time for guests so they won't see you working to make it nice for them. It should look like no trouble at all. Once they arrive, have fun too!
- I wish I would have been better behaved when I was younger...
My mom died in 2000 when she was 65 of some premature health issues; she regretted not caring better for her health.
There's only one body to live this life from. Care well for yourself. Enjoy life!